I’ve been testing the software for the SCUBA Capsule for 2 days now. This testing in JUST the application as the hardware is not yet shipping.
Here are the key points that I’ve noticed so far:
- Only a few crash bugs, all it all reasonably stable. [Edit: most crash bugs already fixed]
- Feel to the UI is consistent and fluid.
- Several inputs are not labeled properly yet (polish) [Edit: All of these have been fixed]
- Several of the inputs do not function as properly [Edit: All of these have been fixed]
- Lacks proper support for nitrox or trimix having only selectable blends rather than the ability to input it. This makes it [not ideal
unusable] for anything but air as it stands.
If they get the inputs fixed, add proper blended gas support, and fix the few crash bugs this looks to be a very solid start. Most of the issues seem to be minor UI related things and should be fairly easy to fix.
I can’t wait until I get my hands on the hardware. I might try to find a computer to borrow that uses the same deco model for comparison.
Also have a concern that putting the iPhone in when warm and then doing a cold dive could cause condensation issues.
[Edit (2/3/13): Updated feedback on some of the bullet points]